Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

31+1 Random (sports) Thoughts

    Is this becoming a weekly thing? (Yes) I hope you saw the title and got excited. The same way we all do the day the annual March Madness brackets come out and when TMZ tells us Eva Longoria recently ended another relationship (she is single!!!!). A week ago I wrote down a few, 31 to be exact, thoughts going through my head. This week, the trend continues. For the record, Mike Brown crossed "Go straight to KFC after being fired by an NBA team" off his bucket list. A feat I hope to one day achieve. Oh, shout-out of the week goes to the hair on top of Andrew Bynum's head. You really outdid yourself this time, Bynum's hair. Good work.

....If there was an NBA half-court shootout my picks would be Nick Young and Jamal Crawford.

....So, BYU suspended Brandon Davies last year for having pre-marital sex...If he went to Arizona State would they have given him a high five?

....Every night when I lay in bed, the last thing that runs through my mind is what I would do if I was handed the keys to be the A's or Warriors GM.

....Looked up the definition of panic in the dictionary, next to it I read: Lakers fire Mike Brown after 5 games. I'm not making this up.

....No, I don't watch Glee, 90210 and have never been on Youtube to seek out my favorite Dreamgirls songs. Again, i'm not making this up.

....All athletes have hot wives. Repeat, ALL athletes have hot wives.

....There is an ESPY for "Men's and women's college basketball player of the year." I'm not sure if this is one award or two; if it's one award, then Brittney Griner will obviously win.

....If I ever saw Cheryl Miller in a dress I believe I would have an aneuryism.

....Wow, Jamarcus Russell put on some weight since his inevitable release from the Raiders. He's so fat Shawn Kemp is making fun of him right now. Don't let him and Prince Fielder attend the same wedding. There may be a fight by the "prime rib" table.

....NeNe Leakes makes Pat Summit look like a runway model. Now that's saying something.

....I have attended funerals more humorous than watching an hour of Conan O'Brien.

....There are a total of 3 people that would be comfortable sitting in Fenway Park's jam packed seats. Wes Welker, Justin Beiber and Tom Cruise.

....What athletes have the hottest wives? (This is NOT a typo) Marko Jaric and J.J. Barea. Yeah, I am still brain dead.

....I still get tripped out every time I see the baseline paint in the Toronto Raptors arena. "Stop you are going to run through it!!!!" I have re-winded, paused and even zoomed in plenty of times. Still seems to amaze me.

....It bothers me T H I S much when teams have TOO much talent. i.e. the 2012 LA Clippers. How do you plan on splitting minutes at the 3 between Caron Butler, Matt Barnes and Grant Hill. I am pulling my hair right now.

....Mike Dunleavy just has the kind of face you want to punch.

....My list of top 5 NBA players you don't want to mess with: Stephen "it's spelled with a p-h" Jackson, Zach Randolph, RonMettaArtestPeace, Kendrick Perkins, and J.R. Smith (Honorable mention: the 2004 Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons).

....The most underrated sports story of the decade: Delonte West got with Lebron's mom.

....If everyone from inner-cities such as Oakland, Harlem, Compton, Memphis, Detroit, etc. got the chance to play professional basketball there would need to be 2 NBA's.

....Kyrie Irving may be THE best point guard in 2 years. Lebron who????

....Why do they try and interview managers and players in the middle of games?! What do you expect them to say? Pearls of wisdom...NO!

....Gregg Popovich's 6 word "get away" from me answers to post-game reporters. Hilarious. A true art in the long book entitled "Popovich Wisdom."

....Everyday Stephen Curry's ankle stays healthy I say a little prayer.

....The ESPN NBA Countdown provides the best insight and predictions. More so than any other panel of "experts."

....I would decline the opportunity to hang out with Lebron.

....Kobe's ideal teammate is a ball boy. That would be perfect. A timid ball boy. Too afraid to shoot and not give the ball to Kobe.

....Ron "I refuse to call him Metta World Peace" Artest should have gone with a simple fist name. Like Jerry. Jerry World Peace. Much more subtle.

....I don't support anything that has the names "Jose" or "Canseco" next to it.

....I really, really miss baseball season. You learn to appreciate it the more you watch. It is a lost-art in the world today. Researching and fully understanding all the vocab and lingo in a sport, that is. GOT HEEEEEEEEEM!!!!!

....The Brooklyn Nets are still in the "new car smell" phase of their franchise. People need to start viewing them as serious contenders.

....Congrats to Miggy for winning the AL MVP. Just wait until Yoenis Cespedes plays a whole year. #CespedesForALMVP2013.

....Sports debates> Any other heated arguments, disagreements or alleged back-stabbings when irritated

No comments:

Post a Comment