Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Who deserves the 2012 Heisman?

    The hotly debated debate of who should win Heisman needs to be put to rest. RIGHT NOW. Collin Klein, stay home as this sentence is the only time your name will be mentioned in this debate. That leaves 2-- Johnny "football" Manziel and Manti Te'o. This is one of those rare occasions where there isn't a true front-runner. The past Heisman (presented by Nissan) winners all made their marks early and often. Was there really any one last year,with the exception of Lou Holtz, who thought any one but RGIII would win the award? How about the year previous? Cam Newton was a no-brainer. Followed by, Ingram, Bradford, Timothy "they said I couldn't play quarterback" Tebow and so on. Predictable after predictable. What has sports come to these days? When was the last team we actually didn't know who was going number one in any professional draft? It takes the fun out of it. In many ways media is ruining sports. But that is another debate. Right now we need to know who deserves the 2012 (Nissan) Heisman...

    Manti Te'o I will be represhenting you as Lou Holtz. Your #1 fan! You go Te'o!! I got Te'o fever!!! My name is Lou Holllltzz. (No, I don't have a retainer in and I am not drunk. I actually talk like I have one crazy head cold) Shon of a gun if you get shpit on your shirt while reading this, I apologize! Mr. Te'o what a great player, one heck of an asthlete. I tell 'ya, Te'o should be this years Heishman winner and be recognished like I was for my achiethmentss at Nothre Dame. Te'o is the unqueshtionable leader on the best defenshe in the nation. From 1st and goal on the 1 holdsss and crazshy intercheption numbers, Te'o is the most electrifyhing (that was a big word) player on the lone eligible undefeathed team in the nathion. The number one player on the number one team deserves the award, simple as that. So, lesh jush shave the thime and give Manthi Te'o the Heishman right now. I should geth to coach the Irishish to another thampionship! After all, Alathama mush noth wanth to fayshh the mighthee Irishish! 

    Johnny Manziel, since your coach said you can't talk to the media I will be representing you as Metta World Peace, the king of media. Yo, whaddup! I'm here representing Johnny Football, aka Johnny Gun Control and Johnny Global Warming. I care about World Peace and apparently Johnny Football cares about important things as well. Don't believe me? Look at his last name! I love Manti Teo's chances of winning the Heisman the same way I love James Harden. It was accidental, jeez get off my back. Manziel is a freak athlete and broke Cam Newton's and Tebow's total yards records. Thank you Johnny Football, and an even bigger thank you to my psychiatrist. So, Johnny if you ever need anything or if anyone ever throws beer at you, call me or my boy Stephen Jax, we will be there quicker than you can say "legal name change." 
                                             
              (A fight just broke out. Apparently Lou Holtz asked Metta World Peace for a hug but all Metta heard was "can I have a THHHHUG")
    
    Who do I think should win the Heisman? My vote goes to Manti Te'o. I have heard the cons regarding Te'o; "he plays defense", "stats didn't blow me away", "not a quarterback" and "he plays defense". Well, I counter with "the best player on the best team in the nation", "the unquestionable leader of the best defense in the country" and "heart of a 'hawaiian' Lion". This team had a dual QB system, began the year out of the top 25 (prime example of how little talent they have) and had the hardest schedule in the country. Although a few of their wins weren't pretty (Pitt, Stanford, BYU. Believe me I have heard enough about the latter team "almost" winning). The bottom line____ Notre Dame won all their games. They are still flawless when it comes to their schedule. No other eligible team can say that. How did the best team in the nation overcome all these question marks and their daunting schedule? Manti Te'o. He is the most valuable player on the best team in the nation. Manziel has lost two games. Johnny Football will have his time. Although I am probably still a few years away from my vote counting, Te'o is my pick. I just hope the fact that it is a quarterback vs. defensive player doesn't skew voters and their votes for the 2012 Heisman. 

2 comments:

  1. haha, good stuff, but I've got J. Football. Kid is unreal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can;t vote...I'm inept when it comes to sports...but I am loyal follower of your kickoff to educate what I lack. But, keep it real cause you enlighten my mind with jovial commentaries which usually seem to be written beyond the midnight hour!

    ReplyDelete